We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Over the last few months our lives have changed and all of us are looking forward to resuming many of our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, our commitment to your safety remains the same.
Infection control has always been a top priority for us, and you may have seen this during your visits. Our infection control proceeded are designed to keep you safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow their recommendations to stay current and to keep you and our team safe.
Recently Santa Clara County officially noted that dental offices can re-open and see patients on a regular basis again. At your next appointment, you will see changes, including the concept of a virtual waiting room. The goal of the virtual waiting room is to reduce in person interaction and help maintain social distancing during your visit. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We ask that you arrive 15 minutes early and call our office from your vehicle to inform us that you have arrived. We will inform you to either come in or we will call you when we are ready for you.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those questions again when you are in the office.
- We will be taking your temperature as well as provide you with hand sanitizer to use in our office
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointments.
- We will do our best to allow greater times between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about these steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (408) 238-7646 or visit our website at henrychangdds.com
Thank you for being our patient, we value your trust and loyalty. Once again, we look forward to welcoming back our patients, family, and friends.
Dr. Henry Chang and his great staff